BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blog #3

Today in class I learned about summarizing. What I took from summarizing was a very important formula that I will to use on the CAT test . . . In ["name of article"], [author] states/explains/expressed/disputes [state that main point of thr article]. This was a very helpful formula that I look forward to using.

I know that I learned this because I wrote it down in my note book and have been trying to use this in my writting. I think that this makes a great opening line. Dr. X was very helpful with her "yellow guide" and I was able to choose proper wording for what I needed to express and write.

Dr. X taught us about this "formula" on the blackboard. I then copied it down into my notebook and have been incorporating it into my summaries.

What helped me learn today was Dr. X teaching apporach. She has a very easy was of explaining herself and is willing to repeat heself if necessary. She is very helpful and patients which you don’t see in preofessors this day in age. She ever provided us with a yellow hand out refrence guide that is very helpful.

After todays class I feel like - "I can do this school thing!". I feel much more confident about writting a good summary and I feel much more prepared for the CAT test. I think that this new approach of writing a summary is not only a sure shot for passing my CAT test but this has also prepared me for ENG101.


Blue highlighting is from Dr. X - Class on 3/14/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment