BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Blog #14

BLOG #14
In Media Unit Blogs 11-13 I have been able to see my improvement in writing. I used to have problem developing my ideas, and still do, but I have been getting significantly better. I feel i have been able to definitely pick out the main point of the text and I think that I have become a stronger and better writer. What I think I still have a problem with is connecting the text to my own life. I know the truth doesn’t matter so I usually make up some nonsense just to be a way to connect. I really do enjoy this class and I think that I have become a better writer from it.
In Blog #11 we were asked to write about and experience that we or someone we knew went against the rules. My mind was instantly connected with a love story that came to mind and I was able to get the story into word in no time. I have such a comfortable flow – it was so natural. Beside some usual proof reading and some spelling corrections Blog 11 came into play with ease.
However, no matter how hard I tried Blog #12 is still blank. I feel like I have no connection and as I sat struggling for hours trying to figure out what to write. There was still nothing. This was a part of the class I couldn’t enjoy. I felt that it was so unpleasant. I didn’t see it as a challenge but more of a big blank. :/
Blog #13 was very pleasant and easy for me too flow also. It was a revision of my CATW #1. I re-read and was able to re-write what I had mistake with. I feel that I do better with constructive criticism and I was able to develop my ideas from the notes that Dr. X put on the side of my work.
In CAT-W #2 I think that I did a lot better than CAT #1 because I wrote with much more confidence and I was able to connect to my personal life. We were asked to write about kids smoking because they thought it was cool because they saw their favorite movie stars do it. I was able to connect this to my personal life because I also began smoking at a very young age and therefore it was an automatic idea filler. I was able to develop my ideas much better that I did in CAT-W #1.
Although I haven’t really worked too much on my vocabulary page, I have become more familiar with the definition and the usage of the words. Words like allegory, dystopia, and even paragraph have a new meaning to me and I am much clearer. These words have become a regular part of my vocabulary and have been used very often in class.
Overall I think that the Media Unit portion of this class was very successful and that I have grown as a writer. I don’t think I have reached my goal in becoming a better writer just yet but we do still have 12 more classes left! I am confident that with the help of Dr. X of some more hard work I will be able to pass the “real” CAT-W and be just fine in 101.

1 comment:

  1. Always counting down the days, eh? ;-)
    I don't blame you.

    I wonder what turned you off from Blog 12? Was the reading too difficult? or was choosing an idea to write about hard? Can you give me a clue?

    ReplyDelete